COSST Curriculum Statement - Building Resilience, Ambition and Respect
At COSST the school curriculum is built on the Convention of the Rights of the Child. It is designed to build resilience ambition and respect. Through our curriculum we aim to:
- provide every child with an academic education that equips them to succeed at secondary school and beyond
- provide every child with relevant, first hand life experiences to develop keep, enquiring minds and make connections with their community and the wider world
- drove forward aspirations for every child and their family by removing barriers to learning
- develop our children as confident, resilient, upstaning and active citizens
- We will provide a broad and balanced curriculum which builds knowledge through first hand experiences and enables children to apply the skills they have learned.
- A curriculum and ethos within our schools based on the convention of the Rights of the Child.
- Specialist teaching provision across a range of subjects to enhance the learning of pupils withing the context of our community.
- A range of relevant memorable experiences that pupils can use to make connections to their learning.
- Opportunities, through career based learning for all pupils to raise their aspiration for their future life.
- Opportunities for all learners to be successful through the use of targeted provision.