SEND Provision at Haveley Hey

All children at Haveley Hey receive quality first teaching. This means a range of teaching and learning styles are used and that appropriate learning objectives are set for every child within a curriculum matched to their need. Progress and attainment of all pupils is reviewed termly at which time provision may be adjusted to meet identified needs. If a child is experiencing barriers which  make it difficult to learn or engage with daily life they are placed on our additional needs register and school and home work together to plan the most appropriate kinds of provision to meet their needs.

The SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability ) Code of Practice 2014  provides guidance to schools and parents about meeting the needs of pupils. 

You can access the code on practice following the link below: 

Send code of practice

People who may support children with Additional Needs


Co-ordinates all SEN provision across school.

Class Teachers

They will always make sure that appropriate work is given to your child to meet their needs and ability

SEN teachers 

Work with children and young people who need extra support, or require an advanced programme of learning in order to reach their full educational potential.

Teaching Assistants

They support your children in class and also offer additional support through Maths, Literacy, Phonics, Life skills support.


Offer counselling and emotional help as well as bereavement support.


Will come into school to carry out assessments for children who have additional needs.

Speech and Language Therapist

Works regularly in school and can tell you if your child needs additional assessment or support.

Outreach Support

We work with agencies who specialise in children with additional needs and they can provide us with help and resources.

Haveley Hey's SEND information report 22-23 Click Here!

If your child's needs are complex or severe we may ask the Local Authority for a Statutory Assessment or an SEN agreement. This will be in the form of a document that explains your child's needs and the help they will be able to access. If your child needs extra help because they have been assessed, they will receive an Educational Health Plan.  If they receive an Educational Health Plan, the Local Authority will provide extra resources for your child.  

You can also follow this link to view the Local Authority Offer.


If you would like to share any concerns with us or would like to know what provision is in place at school for your child, speak to your child's class teacher.

If you still have concerns come and speak to our  SENDCO, Rebecca Mitchell, who will be happy to help you. 

Files to Download

Haveley Hey Community School

Nearbrook Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester M22 9NS